Repurposed: Adult Skirt becomes Girl Dress
What happens when:
- Your daughter has been spreading rumors that you will make her a beautiful dress for the upcoming father/daughter dance?
- You are feeling rather lazy?
Well you take an old skirt from your closet and turn it into a dress for the dance!
It was SO easy. And fast. And totally free since I had everything on hand! YES!
- Take out waistband elastic.
- Refinish top edge.
- Add about 8-10 inches or so shirring (SO EASY).
- Add shoulder straps and a loop on the back to tie the dress using ribbon (I made each ribbon strap about 18 inches and should have gone a bit longer to make a nice bow in the back.)
And she was beyond thrilled.
She had the most wonderful time dancing with her friends. (She was too embarrassed to dance with her dad more than once. lol) And eating cotton candy and other goodies. And she told me, bless her heart, that maybe if she gets married some day I can fix her hair exactly like this. :-) I love this daughter of mine! And I’m rather fond of her father too.
Share and Enjoy